*Because of restrictions related to the coronavirus pandemic, through August 2020, BYU policy requires that all internships be completed remotely. Students will need to work with internship providers to set up remote work. We do not yet know if this requirement will be extended for Fall 2020. Contact the English internship coordinator if you are looking at doing an internship this summer or fall or if you have other questions about the remote requirement. (email@example.com).
Application deadline: June 26, 2020 10:00 PM. Estimated salary: $10.00 Per hour.
Vacancy: Social Media Specialist – Student Associate. The Sorenson Impact Center is seeking a confident, articulate, and energetic Student Associate to support the delivery of a new program focused on the future of higher education. If you care about sharing engaging stories of transformation and change rooted in social impact, then we want to hear from you.
The Center has been awarded a new grant to undertake an in-depth analysis on signals, trends and structures affecting students and institutes of higher education (IHE). This new initiative will take into account the threats and challenges posed by COVID-19 to help navigate this crisis, and offer insights and research to IHEs to make informed decisions about charting a more sustainable and student-equity centric path moving forward. Our social media specialist will be pivotal to sharing and amplifying the findings from this project.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Curate and share engaging content.
- Monitor social media for emerging trends and developments in higher education.
- Develop and expand our community of followers.
- Support the development and design of social media collateral
- (e.g. graphics, templates, images).
- Maintain and populate the Center’s Social Media Planner.
- Engage with the Center’s Teams (Data, Field Building, Investing, and Policy) to gather and share information.
- Educate Center staff on best practices in social media.
Requirements for this role:
- Versed in using Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a broader team.
- Ability to analyze and report on key social media metrics.
- Ability to work both in office at the Sorenson Impact Center and remotely.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your resume and cover letter to (firstname.lastname@example.org). The deadline for applications is Friday, June 26th, with interviews taking place immediately after. We are accepting applications from all majors and both undergraduate and graduate students. This position offers a competitive hourly rate and requires a time commitment of 20 hours per week.
See the listing on BYU’s Handshake at