Proposal Writer Intern
at Qualtrics (View all jobs)
At Qualtrics, our mission is to close experience gaps—the costly differences between what customers and employees expect, and what they’re receiving.
9,000+ organizations worldwide and more than 80% of the Fortune 100 rely on Qualtrics Experience Management to collect and analyze feedback—more feedback than they ever thought possible. With Qualtrics XM, organizations can continually assess the quality of their four core experiences—customers, employees, products, and brands. They can be at every meaningful touchpoint, for every experience, and predict which changes will resonate most with customers and employees.
The Opportunity and Position
Are you a formidable persuasive writer? Do you like challenging the status quo and thinking of innovative ways to tackle challenging problems? Do you enjoy working on projects with a wide variety of people? Do you stay up at night worried that someone out there is misusing the Oxford comma and wonder if you could have done something to prevent it?
The Qualtrics proposals team is looking for a paid, part-time intern to join their team this February. Large enterprise companies like Qualtrics need proposal writers to help their sales teams craft well-designed, persuasive proposals for their most important deals. Building an effective proposal requires a strong understanding of the value Qualtrics software offers to companies, as well as the merits of all the diverse groups at Qualtrics who make that possible. During the internship, we’ll teach you what makes a phenomenal proposal with sound persuasive and technical writing approaches and how to apply core project management principles to build great proposals in collaboration with the individuals and teams that bring Qualtrics to life for our clients.
A day in the life
- Write/edit the standard content in our content library (Loopio) for use in future proposals
- Work with sales reps to develop individual proposals
- Contribute to team and broader, cross-functional projects
- Develop core business writing and project management skills
Important Position Details
- The position will be a part-time paid internship with the opportunity to move full-time upon graduation. We are looking for someone who enters the internship with the tenacity and motivation to make the most of this experience and explore a future with Qualtrics beyond the internship.
- Since we are looking for someone who would be interested in a full-time position, we are looking for students who will graduate by December 2019 at the latest. Any student with a later expected graduation date should not apply, though we encourage you to reach out to us if you are interested in learning more, as we will likely be offering a similar opportunity in 2020.
- The intern will be hired with the expectation that the team will teach them to write proposals, as well as how to maintain our content library, edit graphics in Photoshop, publish documents in Word (and periodically in InDesign), and coordinate with associated sales teams and representatives. In short, we are looking to give an intern a full experience here and groom them to be the best proposal writer possible.
Key skills/background we’re looking for
In considering your resume, cover letter, and the overall background you present to us, we will be looking for and evaluating the following key skills and capabilities:
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Work collaboratively and in groups
- A deep understanding of grammatical and stylistic rules
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to provide mentorship and coaching
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Familiarity with Adobe Acrobat, InDesign, and Photoshop
- Previous experience related to project management or proposal writing
Other things to consider
- The typical majors who apply for this position include English, Philosophy, Marketing, Economics, Business Strategy, Communications, and similar disciplines, but if you have a strong writing background in other fields you will be equally considered.
- Make sure you provide a strong, well-organized, and concise resume—this is your biggest opportunity to sell us on why your experience and background makes you a great fit for our team. Cover pages are encouraged, too.