MultiLing Corporation, a world premier international language services and technology company, is pleased to offer a semester-long internship as an intern Project Coordinator to learn about the creation, planning, and scheduling of short-term patent or technical translation projects. Responsibilities for this unpaid Internship include:
- Work collaboratively across multiple teams, to communicate and manage project timelines, resources, and deliverables.
- Using Trados, prepare translation kits creating bilingual files using translation memory and glossaries
- Develop a schedule for project completion that accurately allocates the correct resources to the project requirements
- Communicate with, and coordinate, external vendor resources in assigning and completing projects
- Review the project schedule with peers, supervisors, Project Managers, and other staff that will be affected by the project activities; revise the schedule as required
- Find ways to creatively meet occasionally tight and non-negotiable patent filing deadlines
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organization on the progress of the project
- Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality, while adhering to client expectations
- Communicate effectively using appropriate communication tools and techniques
- Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization
- Foster teamwork by working cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness
- Set priorities, develop a work schedule, and monitor progress towards goals
- Understand business practices, and follow standards to align with the values of the organization
- Become familiar with international patent laws as they impact project requirements
- Learn, use, and provide feedback to improve company proprietary software for accurately tracking the project life-cycle
- Work with supervisors to define and execute an analytic project that results in a presentation with recommendations for addressing issues discovered.
This internship is based in the Provo, Utah office and involves 15-20 hours per week (mornings) of on-site work. MultiLing strongly recommends applicants check with their college or department internship coordinator before applying to see how to earn academic course credits for their work.
To apply, please send a current resume to our HR group at:
Please be patient — the selection process takes from three to four weeks. Selected applicants will be notified after that time.