The successful applicant will work with the full-time staff of the Historic Sites Division of the Church History Department to research and write interpretive guides and historical reports regarding the sacred places of the restoration. The Intern will also assist with other projects, as needed. This is an exciting and unique opportunity for someone interested in Church history and for those pursuing a career in the history field. We are looking for a motivated and hardworking self-started to join our team!
Use Job ID to find posting and apply at https://careersearch.churchofjesuschrist.org
- Job ID: 329858
This is a paid internship, which is anticipated to last one year (12 months). This position is a part-time (approximately 28 hours per week) hourly, nonexempt position. The candidate must be currently enrolled in, or recently graduated from (within the last 12 months), an undergraduate or graduate degree program.
Intern will learn and be exposed to:
- Research methodologies and practices
- Data interpretation, relevancy and proper integration
- Familiarity with the Historic Sites Program of the Church
The Historic Sites Intern will:
- Research and assist in the preparation of guides and reports in support of the historic sites program of the Church
- Assist in gathering, organizing, and analyzing and interpreting data and its authenticity and relative significance
Intern will work under the direction of a Historic Sites Curator and will have the opportunity to collaborate with various senior staff members.
The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Current pursuit of, or completion of, bachelor’s or graduate degree in history, English, or related field
- Strong research skills and ability to use library catalogs and databases
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Knowledge of Church history preferred
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Creative, flexible, and detail-oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Available to work 28 hours per week, during regular working hours of 8:00 am and 5:00 pm Monday through Friday.