KSL is pleased to announce the availability of a social media internship for “Studio 5”, a lifestyle/talk show airing weekday afternoons on KSL Television. We are looking for students who are interested in a paid learning opportunity, where they can extend their communications education beyond the classroom. The position is ideal for the student interested in pursuing a career in television production.
PURPOSE: Under the direction of the assigned internship coordinator, this KSL/Studio 5 Production Internship is designed to provide students with a strong interest in broadcast communications an opportunity to be involved with the daily production and promotion of a television lifestyle show. Assignments might include: basic broadcast writing, production, research, packaging, and interviewing skills and techniques as well as contributing and researching story ideas, and scheduling guests.
This is a hybrid on-site/remote role that requires the employee to regularly work at our Salt Lake site.
In order to work on Company premises, or with clients / members of the public at other locations, Bonneville employees must provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or evidence of a negative COVID-19 test within the previous seven days.
- Needs to be working toward a degree at university, college, community college or vocational-technical institute.
- Prefer someone working toward a career in digital media or broadcast communications. Applicant needs to possess knowledge of current events.
- Needs to be organized, able to meet deadlines and be a self-starter. Proven ability to be precise and accurate.
- Good writing, production and conversational skills to transmit information clearly and efficiently.
- The internship will cover a quarter/semester period of approximately twenty (20) hours per week, up to 150 hours during the length of the internship.
- Work in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Maintain a positive and cooperative rapport with staff, management, and clients.
- Proven ability to handle stress.
- Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
- Final discretion as to assignments while participating in the internship program will remain with KSL.
- Persons participating in the KSL Production internship need to understand that no guarantees are given for future employment. KSL may terminate internship at any time.
- Final selection of a KSL intern from among those expressing interest rests with KSL.