*Some on-campus jobs qualify for internship credit. Contact the internship coordinator (email@example.com) to see about registering for credit BEFORE beginning a work/internship experience.
OIT Student Technical Writer
JOB ID: 103347 (find job posting at https://yjobs.byu.edu/)
Hourly Wage: $14.50
The Office of Information Technology at BYU hires Technical Writers to create and manage content for various purposes within an app development team. As a writer, you would edit content for grammar and tone, write and deliver product documentation, take meeting notes, collect action items, and otherwise assist in product development. Technical Writers are advocates for the needs of the customer, and help a team prioritize end-user communication.
We are looking for someone willing to work 35-40 hrs/week during spring and summer terms, and 15-20 hrs/week during fall and winter terms, with preference given to applicants who are not graduating before 2022. Employees set their own schedule.
JOB ID: 103449 (find job posting at https://yjobs.byu.edu/)
Hourly Wage: $8 – $11/hr negotiable
Description: The International Center for Law and Religion Studies at BYU is seeking part-time support personnel to assist in its work in promoting religious freedom throughout the world.
5-15 hours per week. Work can be done wherever student has convenient internet access. (Can be done off campus, as long as continual email contact is maintained with the Center’s Communication Specialist).
Qualifications: Strong writing, editing, analytical skills, proficiency in MS Office Suite. A personal laptop computer with MS Word and PowerPoint (at minimum) and Adobe Acrobat Reader installed, internet access, and a Gmail account.
Application Process: Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Humanities/Music & Dance Reference Assistant
JOB ID: 103105 (find job posting at https://yjobs.byu.edu/)
Hourly Wage: $10
- Staff both the Humanities and Music & Dance help desks
- Learn and use reference negotiation skills and research strategies to provide research assistance in the subject areas of art & art history, advertising & PR, classical studies, communications, film & media, folklore, humanities, languages, linguistics, literature, music, dance and theatre
- Help patrons with questions and problems concerning computer software applications, scanners, copiers and printers
- Help patrons with other information needs
- Perform routine tasks such as recording statistics, shelving books, dusting, and checking in new books and media
- Assist librarians with special projects such as creating bibliographies, source checking, collection assessments, setting up displays, and searching catalogs
- Check out library materials
Student Writer and Social Media Specialist
JOB ID: 103228 (find job posting at https://yjobs.byu.edu/)
Hourly Wage: $13
This job is part of a strategic alumni communications team requiring initiative and strong writing skills—an excellent opportunity with many publication opportunities (and internship credit, if desired). The hire will have two primary writing-oriented responsibilities.
First is creating content for Alumni publishing channels. This includes:
1) Writing for Y Magazine, the Cougs You Should Know website, and the BYU Alumni Facebook page. Those tasks include interviewing alumni and writing their bios, profiles, and stories as assigned
2. Editing, proofing, and fact-checking alumni updates for Y Magazine
Second is managing and creating BYU Alumni social media posts. This includes:
1) Following BYU- and alumni-related stories, and posting items of interest on BYU Alumni social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
2) Responding to alumni posts and finding ways to increase alumni engagement with BYU, including creating short videos and running online contests (like drawings and giveaways).
* Excellent writing and editing skills
* Self-motivated and task-oriented
* Work collaboratively with other writers, and able to give and receive feedback
* Social media savvy and ability to judiciously choose content to post or tweet
Writer and SEO Specialist
JOB ID: 102953 (find job posting at https://yjobs.byu.edu/)
Hourly Wage: $13
BYU Broadcasting is looking for an outstanding writer/editor to join our team. This is a great opportunity for someone interested in the entertainment industry who also wants to flex a new set of writing muscles.
Writers with SEO experience are encouraged to apply.
The successful candidate will work primarily with our Business Development and Business Intelligence teams as you write, edit, or rewrite metadata in our database. You will also work with other departments including Marketing and Creative Services.