Social media interns fill strategy and production areas in either digital marketing and advertising, or social community growth and engagement in support of BYU-Pathway Worldwide’s digital outreach efforts. These efforts include managing day-to-day social media activity; developing and implementing social media campaigns and tactics; targeting online outreach to promote brand awareness and drive enrollment; and analyzing, reviewing, and reporting on effectiveness of campaigns to maximize results.
Apply by Nov. 30, 2021.
Search Job ID 323910 at at https://careersearch.churchofjesuschrist.org for more information and to apply.
BYU-Pathway Worldwide is looking to fill several paid social media intern positions. These positions are 40-hours per week. Internships start every January, April/May and August/September. Now hiring primarily for interns to start at the beginning of January 2022.
Last year we doubled our organic follower growth and had a tenfold increase in our engagements. If you want to be part of something that continues to grow and evolve, this is the right internship for you.
- Daily content creation for our social media channels, sometimes in other languages.
- Daily monitoring and reporting of social media engagement metrics associated with each channel.
- Fostering a sense of community through our social media channels through moderation of comments as well as interacting with students in dedicated Facebook groups.
POSSIBLE RESPONSIBILITIES, AS NEEDED
- Creating and monitoring ad campaigns via Ads Manager, Google Ads, and Snapchat Ads.
- Testing new ad concepts and ad platform features.
- Creating reports related to our website and ad platforms.
These positions will help BYU-Pathway clearly and effectively communicate its mission, and the profound impact it has in thousands of students and Church-service missionaries throughout the world using social media. As a member of a professional communication team, students will gain meaningful experience and skills applicable to the communication field.
To be considered for this position, please submit the following as a supporting document on your application:
- Create two posts of your own that you think we would publish on our social media channels
- They should include the post copy as well as the image.
- (Optional) Your portfolio if desired
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Excellent planning, organizing, and time management
- Ability to proactively overcome obstacles with minimal supervision
- Strong industry awareness of trends in social media performance
- Experience in social media management and online content creation
- Studying Marketing, Business or Communications with an emphasis in Public Relations, Advertising, or Social Media Marketing (preferred)
- Demonstrated success or university coursework in any of the following fields:
- Digital Media Content Creation
- Media Research Methods
- Media Strategy and Planning
- Social Media Marketing and Advertising
- If you know these, it is a plus:
- Google Ads
- Facebook Ads Manager
- Snapchat Ads
- How to post directly on each of these platforms, as well as using social media publishing tools like Hootsuite:
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Spanish, Portuguese and French language skills preferred