Search Job ID 310740 at at https://careersearch.churchofjesuschrist.org for more information and to apply.
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Strong writing, communication, and editing skills
- Thorough knowledge of and experience with the writing process
- Experience conducting interviews and writing profile articles
- Ability to follow directions and meet fast-paced deadlines
- Planning, organizing, and time management
- Familiarity with marketing email campaigns (preferred)
- Second-language abilities is a plus (e.g. Spanish, Portuguese, or French preferred)
Program skills preferred:
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and online office applications (Google Docs/Drive)
- BrightSpot or another publishing/content management tool
- Dynamics Marketing or other email marketing system (basic understanding is a plus)
- Adobe Creative Suite (basic understanding is a plus)
- Writing for social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Must be eligible to work in the United States of America.
- Must be a student at BYU, BYU-Idaho, or Ensign College.
- Attend meetings with Communication Manager to collaborate on projects
- Manage editorial calendars
- Create and edit content involved with each communication-related message on various platforms including PowerPoint, Brightspot, Qualtrics, and Dynamics Marketing to name a few.
BYU-Pathway Worldwide empowers more than 50,000 students in 150+ countries to pursue higher education.
As a communication specialist, you’ll assist the Communication Manager to highlight the incredible work of BYU-Pathway’s Field Operations department. You will play a crucial role in a collaborative work environment to develop, write, and deliver short- and long-term client projects.
You will develop editorial calendars and PowerPoint presentations, write copy for different mediums (print, digital and social), distribute messages using Dynamics Marketing, create and make edits to web pages using Brightspot, and carry out other administrative tasks as needed.
You will interact with our messaging, digital marketing, and design teams and gain meaningful experience applicable to the communication field.
This is a part-time CES student position for students studying Communication, English, Journalism, Business, Marketing, international studies or a related field. The position is located at the Triad Center in Salt Lake City (The office is currently working remotely, but candidates must be in Utah or Idaho for the duration of their employment). Student employees typically work a consistent 20-hour-a-week schedule Monday-Friday.