*Some on-campus jobs qualify for internship credit. Contact the internship coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) to see about registering for credit BEFORE beginning a work/internship experience.
BYU Brand & Creative
SEO Writer/Editor, Social Media Specialist
BYU Brand & Creative, which provides editorial, design, and web services for the university, is offering a job for a diligent, dependable, teachable, and committed student, working as a professional writer/editor and social media specialist. The job may be used for internship credit.
As an SEO writer you can expect to write short biographies of BYU Speeches authors, compose short summaries of each of our current 2,000+ online speeches, learn and apply search engine optimization (SEO) best practices, write copy for new webpages, do email communication for speeches.byu.edu and assist with the organization of speeches.byu.edu and other websites.
You will also play a major role in running the BYU Speeches social media accounts (Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, and Pinterest) as you select and create content for each individual platform. And you will have a chance to hobnob with many other student editors and full-time editors in the department. This year we anticipate more than 20 million connections with our digital audience.
Also, you can work up to 40 hours per week spring and summer terms.
- Solid writing skills
- Confidence in editing
- Familiarity with social media platforms
- BYU student status for the duration of the job
- $13 per hour
- 15-20 hours per week, flexible schedule
- Internship credit available
- Questions? Contact Charles Cranney at 801-422-1722 or email@example.com.
- Send a cover letter and a résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application deadline: 5 p.m. on Oct. 15.
- Finalists will take an editing/writing test, and top scorers will be interviewed.