WordJack Media is a growing Web Marketing Agency providing complete digital marketing services to local businesses throughout the United States and Canada. Our services extend across a range of disciplines, including websites, email campaigns, videos, copywriting, social media, SEO, and more. We have an excellent record of customer satisfaction and are looking for a content writing intern to help us create content for small businesses.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Writing content in various forms such as blogs, company-specific website text, landing pages, email newsletters, SEO-driven content pages focusing on a specific keyword, etc.
- Doing online research to learn about specific topics in order to write accurate and intelligent content.
- Writing for multiple clients (in varied industries) and switching between them throughout the day.
- Finding creative ways to effectively communicate a message to meet a required goal.
- Currently working towards an English or Journalism degree (or similar).
- Must be a native English speaker.
- Possess excellent researching skills (for when you’re required to write about topics unfamiliar to you) and the ability to recognize which sources are most likely to provide accurate content and which sources may be unreliable for obtaining accurate information.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely with proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Quick learner and able to work efficiently to create content when you NEED to, not just when the inspiration strikes you.
- Strong attention to detail with an ability to efficiently problem solve.
- Motivated to work independently and effectively from your home office.
- Have a positive attitude and a willingness to be flexible and helpful.
- You are interested in working long-term in the marketing / content creation industry and welcome the potential of future part-time or full-time employment with WordJack Media after your internship is complete.
What you will learn and experience during this internship:
- You will be joining a supportive team in a successful and growing company. You can expect regular feedback and coaching as you learn the various writing tasks that we complete for our customers.
- You will gain experience in preparing content for different brands to accomplish varied marketing objectives.
- You will learn how an online marketing agency works on a day-to-day basis and the role written content plays in its success and the success of its clients.
- You will gain experience in creating a variety of content for various industries, including everything from health and beauty to insurance, pest control, plumbing, air conditioning repair, and garage door installation.
- You will learn about SEO best practices and how to craft content that is search-engine friendly.
- You will grow in your ability to understand the tone of a client’s brand and exercise appropriate use of language in your content creation assignments (knowing when to be humorous, professional, helpful, fun, informative, or formal).
Job Type: Part-time, 3-month internship (with objective to become a permanent employee if successful)
Hours: About 20 per week (schedule is somewhat flexible, but must be able to work during typical business hours on weekdays to facilitate training/coaching and time-sensitive requests)
Location: Flexible (U.S. or Canada)
Contract length: 3 months
Job Types: Part-time, Internship
Salary: Starting at $14 USD per hour
COVID-19 considerations: This job can be done from your home office.
How to apply: If this position sounds like a perfect fit for you, please send a short introduction to yourself, your resume, and 2-3 writing samples (or a link to your writing portfolio) to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also be asked to complete a grammar quiz and writing test as part of your application.