*Some on-campus jobs qualify for internship credit. Contact the internship coordinator (email@example.com) to see about registering for credit BEFORE beginning a work/internship experience.
Apply at https://yjobs.byu.edu/
Job ID: 100536
Description: This position interviews various faculty, staff, students, and alumni to write feature news articles for online and yearly magazine publication (50%); updates the content for the Chemistry Department websites (25%); creates and posts digital signs on digital signage (10%); posts on the department Facebook page (10%); responds to emails/redirecting people/answering general questions (5%).
Required skills include:
- Exceptional journalism, newswriting
- Strong interviewing skills
- Timely responses to faculty and staff requests
- Outstanding communication skills
Desired skills include:
- Knowledge of html and some graphic design
- Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator
- Knowledge of a web content management system like Wag Tail
This is a 15-20 hour per week position and although the work schedule is flexible, consistent attendance in the office at the schedule arranged is expected. Availability through spring and summer terms is preferred.