Use Job ID to find posting and apply at https://careersearch.churchofjesuschrist.org
UT-Salt Lake City
ID 317706, Type: Temporary Part-Time
Posting Dates: 08/31/2021 – 10/07/2021
Department: Family History Department
Come help FamilySearch develop a world-class help experience. In your work with us, you will write and revise help content so that it is easy to understand, accurate, complete, and appropriate to user needs.
You will work in all parts of the content lifecycle, from ideation to retirement. Content might be in many forms, including knowledgebase articles, in-context help videos, on-screen text, blog articles, social media messages, and customer services emails. Along the way, you will gain experience working with content management systems, translation, and governance processes.
Our best candidates love figuring out how to do new things and teaching others how to have that same experience. They have a knack for turning complexity and uncertainty into simplicity and confidence.
This is an internship starting either January 2022 or May of 2022.
In this internship, you will:
- Create written and video content using existing templates and style guides.
- Collaborate with team members, missionaries, product managers, user experience designers, engineers, editors, and others to gather information, review for accuracy, and coordinate deadlines.
- Submit content for translation using established processes.
- Update the reports used to track progress of projects and translations.
- Review content created by others for accuracy, clarity, and compliance to templates and style guides.
- Optimize content for search engines, using title tags, keywords, and meta descriptions.
- Currently pursuing a bachelors or post-graduate degree English, technical writing, journalism, instructional design, communications, or a related degree.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Excellent English written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills. Experience or classwork in technical writing or instructional design highly preferred.
- Comfortable working on multiple projects at once.
- Demonstrated ability to grasp new concepts, skills, and technologies quickly.
- Good team player; able to form good relationships widely through an organization.
- Self-starter who requires little to no supervision.
- Attention to detail and well organized.
- Experience using Microsoft Office products and cloud-based authoring systems.
- Experience with family history and FamilySearch.org a plus.