CloudApp is a high-growth screen capture and recording software company in the collaborative tech space. We integrate with many enterprise workflow tools including Zendesk, Slack, and Adobe. CloudApp is located in Draper, UT and is actively recruiting to grow its marketing team.
Content creation and editing are bottlenecks in our current marketing workflow. We need a high-impact individual contributor comfortable with a steep learning curve in a fast-paced environment. The website marketing intern position will play an important role in ensuring that all content on the website is “publish ready” before going live. The position will also be responsible for creating new long-form content at a regular cadence.
We’re seeking an incoming junior, senior, or graduate-level student with strong writing and editing skills. We posit that the applicant selected for this position will be pursuing a degree in English or Editing. A successful applicant might be the editor of a school publication or website. We’ve also had success in the past with students that are part of a
University-sponsored advertising agency.
- Assist in the editing process of website content
- Vet, communicate, and edit content provided by outside contractors using established
- Write and update website copy for style, readability, and grammar (Oxford commas are
- Work independently on a well-defined to-do list to a deadline
- Master an understanding of CloudApp’s features and brand in a timely manner
- Be proactive about reporting bugs, brand inconsistency, copy errors and other
content-related website problems
- Work with a mentor to steer your activities toward skill development in areas that best
match with career goals
- Strong editing skills with an eye for detail, e.g., notice inconsistencies in font size/type,
link hover color, header spacing, use of sentence case vs. title case, etc.
- Grammar mastery, e.g., when to use an em dash, colon, etc.
- Ability to write and edit to business casual voice at an eighth grade reading level
- Availability to work 15+ hours a week (4+ hours/wk in our Draper office)
- Availability to work through the end of the academic year
- Actively engaged in non-academic writing pursuits
- Familiarity with WordPress, Elementor a huge plus
- Familiarity with GIMP, or other image editing programs
- Availability to join marketing team upon graduation
Contact Information: Qualified applicants should email a resume, cover letter, two writing samples, and copy of
their unofficial transcript to email@example.com, subject line: “Website marketing intern position”.