(If you are interested in earning internship credit for this experience, reach out to the internship coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org)
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: INSIGHT Student Fellows
The College of Humanities is hiring two student fellows to work alongside faculty on the newly formed Committee for Inspiring Inclusion and Growth in the Humanities (INSIGHT) to promote diversity and belonging within the College.
In direct collaboration with INSIGHT faculty and the Liberal Arts Advisement Center, student fellows will work to carry out the committee’s mission to address racism, promote equity, and enhance belonging for students, faculty, and staff within the College of Humanities. Student fellows will help to:
- Facilitate assessment opportunities (i.e. surveys, focus groups, etc.) to learn about BIPOC, AAPI, and other minority faculty, staff, and student experiences of belonging in our College;
- Create opportunities for minority students, staff, and faculty to build relationships with one another and with faculty members;
- Assess College curricula, internships, and other programming to increase the visibility and accessibility of more diverse academic and experiential learning opportunities;
- Evaluate and improve efforts to recruit, hire, and retain minority students, faculty, and staff;
- Develop opportunities for non-minority students, faculty, and staff to self-evaluate and work toward a College and campus community that is truly inclusive;
- Organize and coordinate faculty and student activities centered on diversity and belonging in the Humanities (i.e. lectures, social activities, professional networking, career development events, etc.).
- Network with other campus entities, such as Multicultural Student Services, who work on diversity and inclusion across campus, to help connect Humanities students and faculty to other campus programs and services.
To apply, students must be majors within the College of Humanities with a commitment to improving experiences of belonging and thriving for all students, staff, and faculty in the College. Students will work approximately 10 hours per week during the semester at a rate of $15 per hour.
Students who wish to apply must submit a brief cover letter explaining their interest in and qualifications for the position, as well as a resume or CV. In your cover letter, please also list the name of a BYU faculty who has agreed to be a reference. All application materials should be sent to email@example.com with “INSIGHT Student Fellow” in the subject line.
Deadline: September 11, 2021