Deseret News internships are paid ($10/hour) and last approximately 4-6 months (one semester) in duration. Full-time (40 hours per week) and part-time (16-24 hours per week) internships are available with Deseret News with some flexibility to work with class schedules. Interns will work with their supervising editors to determine exact starting and ending dates, and weekly work schedules. If time off during the semester is needed, that must be coordinated well in advance with the supervising editor.
This internship will challenge you to:
- Write news content that informs and engrosses users and keeps them coming back
- Develop skills in digital news gathering, attribution and writing
- Find and attract users who are engaged by our content
- Contribute to a team that is gaining national attention for digital innovation
You are the right fit if you have:
- Excellent writing skills
- A passion for news and online journalism
- An active social media presence
- An affinity for our mission and values of Deseret Management Companies http://www.deseretmanagement.com/our-mission/.