Use Job ID to find posting and apply at https://careersearch.churchofjesuschrist.org
Job ID: 309060
Posting Dates: 06/25/2021 – 08/06/2021
Available Openings: 2
Department: BYU-Pathway Worldwide
Join BYU-Pathway Worldwide as it provides access to higher education wherever the Church is organized. As a communication intern, you’ll apply expert writing skills as you assist the senior copywriter in sharing the inspiring story of one of the most unique and fastest-growing organizations in the Church. As a member of a professional communication department, you will get to collaborate with our messaging, digital marketing, and design teams. You will gain meaningful experience applicable to the communication field and create quality content for your portfolio.
You’ll play a crucial role in helping BYU-Pathway clearly and effectively communicate its offerings and mission to a diverse audience of more than 50,000 students in 150 countries. You will generate copy for a variety of communications, including student spotlights, news articles, and help resources; interview students, service missionaries, and employees from around the world; and maintain an editorial calendar. You will also help draft and send a variety of mass messaging (emails, surveys, and marketing campaigns) and carry out other administrative tasks, as needed.
This is a paid internship at the Triad Center in Salt Lake City, UT. The salary is $13.65 per hour. Hours are typically Monday–Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Please submit the following:
- Cover letter (addressed to BYU-Pathway Communication Team)
- Writing sample or online portfolio that demonstrates experience writing clear, concise, and captivating copy for mediums such as marketing emails; blog, news or feature stories; and press releases.
- Strong writing, communication, and editing skills
- Studying in communication or English fields (preferred)
- Thorough knowledge of and experience with the writing process
- Experience conducting interviews
- Ability to follow directions and meet fast-paced deadlines
- Planning, organizing, and time management
- Attention to detail
Program skills preferred:
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and online office applications (Google Docs/Drive)
- WordPress, Brightspot, or another publishing/content management tool
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 Marketing or other email marketing system (basic understanding is a plus)
- Writing for social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)