Learn more and apply HERE.
The Technical Writer will create and revise technical documents such as manuals, reports, brochures, or articles.
- Writes and edits technical documents including reference manuals and product manuals.
- Writes and edits procedural documentation such as user guides and manuals.
- Determines the type of publication that will best serve the project requirements.
- Meets with project managers to learn about specific products or processes.
- Researches product samples to fully understand product.
- Assesses the audience needs for whom the technical and procedural documentation is intended; adjusts tone and technical terms used to meet those needs and to ensure understanding.
- Plans writing processes and sets timelines and deadlines.
- Creates or works with graphic designers to create diagrams, charts, and other visual aids to assist readers in understanding a product or process.
- Gathers feedback from customers, designers, and manufacturers to improve technical documents.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent writing and grammatical skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to present complex data in clear, concise text.
- Ability to meet deadlines and to work independently.
- Ability to edit and proofread work of colleagues.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Pay: $13.00 per hour