Use Job ID to find posting and apply at https://careersearch.churchofjesuschrist.org
Job ID 306642
Posting Dates: 06/14/2021 – 07/12/2021
Available Openings: 2
Department: Seminaries and Institutes of Religion
Social Media Interns support the Instant Institute staff to develop and implement outreach and promotional campaigns to boost brand engagement and increase our reach to Young Adults.
This position is primarily for educational or religious purposes and will be used for providing valuable educational experiences for the Intern. It will give the Intern an opportunity to see how principles and practices learned in their educational institutions are applied in an actual work setting. Under general supervision, the Intern performs work as assigned by the department.
The duties and responsibilities of a Social Media Intern include:
- Assist with the design and execution of social media campaigns
- Create and distribute content such as graphics and videos on social media outlets.
- Track social media engagement to identify high-performing ideas and campaigns for scalability
- Support Instant Institute team at live and online events
Social Media Interns are expected to work 10 hours a week, preferably 2 hours each weekday, but interns do have some flexibility in their schedule based on their workflow and ability to create and schedule posts in advance.
- Currently enrolled in college or a recent graduate with a bachelor’s degree in digital communications or related field such as advertising, journalism or graphic design
- Great oral and written communication skills
- Experience with the following social media platforms: Instagram, Facebook, YouTube.
- Knowledge of content creator platforms such as Canva
- Knowledge of social media analytics software, such as Facebook Insights to track audience engagement and campaign performance
- Experience with content management systems, word processor applications, and image/video editing software
- Interested in social media trends
- Available to work 10 hours per week
- Ability to work for at least 6 months (possibly up to 1 year)
Paid Interns are qualified while enrolled in an educational institution and for one year following graduation.
Must be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and currently temple worthy.