Marketing Intern – Copywriter & Content Creator
We are a growing genealogy visualization company in need of a student Copywriter who can prepare amazing copy for our audience. In this role, you’ll be responsible for creating blog posts that will be available on our website and in our newsletter.
We are in a growth stage that requires quick turnarounds (i.e. one article per week), so flexibility is critical for success in this position. We are looking for a candidate who is creative, innovative, and able to easily learn and adapt to our user base. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working remotely and online. This role is a paid internship and is initially for two months, which can be extended.
We would like the internship to start as soon as possible – understanding that the semester has not ended, we can be very flexible and actually prefer less hours to begin with.
We are looking for an individual that is passionate about creating outstanding content:
- Genealogy: Ours is a genealogy enhancing platform – you will be responsible for helping us design and execute a content strategy aimed at increasing user engagement and retention.
- Educational content: Plan and prepare blog posts to educate our user base on our product and how it can improve their genealogy research.
We want to hear from you if you:
– Have a background in copywriting, creative writing, marketing, communications.
– Write well and are proficient in online tools (Google Docs).
– Bonus points if you have created content related to genealogy and or Family History.
– Quick learner and a problem solver.
– Detail-oriented and organized.
– Can commit to one article/post per week.
Best way to get our attention is to accompany your resume/application with examples of your work. This position is intended to be a testing ground for a full time role with the company within 6-12 months.
Please email your resume and written samples to David Pérez, firstname.lastname@example.org.