AdvancedMD, a Global Payments, Inc. company, revolutionized medical office software in 1999 with the introduction of the industry’s first true cloud solution and is hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS). AdvancedMD strives to be the community of choice for independent providers by delivering an integrated workflow and personalized service to ensure the health of every practice and their patients. The company’s integrated suite of cloud solutions includes practice management, electronic health records, telemedicine, patient relationship management and business analytics reporting backed by expert practice advocates. AdvancedMD also offers full-service revenue cycle management and serves an expansive national footprint of 35,500 practitioners across 13,000 practices and 700 medical billing companies. advancedmd.com.
AdvancedMD is seeking an assertive, highly motivated instructional design Intern with solid research skills and solid writing abilities to intern with our Learning Solutions department.
You will be assisting with updating client-facing instructional videos to include application enhancements and meet current style and branding standards.
This is a great opportunity to learn about the development life-cycle of client training videos and how they integrate into the Implementation process and assist with client self-service training. You will also learn about medical software and the medical industry. Chances are you have visited a provider that uses AdvancedMD software in their practice!
You will also gain experience in Agile software development and with the following software tools: TechSmith Camtasia, Video Review, and SnagIt; Adobe Audition and Photoshop; and Microsoft PowerPoint.
Our team is never happy with the status quo – we believe that everything can be made better and we need an intern that can help ensure our videos are client-ready.
This internship is for 12 weeks. Target start date is late June – early July 2021. Pay is $10 per hour up to 40 hours per week.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure that video/training content meets application functionality and appearance
- Review and modify videos following existing processes, incorporating standards and styles specific to AdvancedMD
- Set up realistic user scenarios in our software applications to prepare for video work
- Engage fully in projects with a positive attitude
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and collaboration skills
- Solid research and interviewing skills
- Solid reviewing, proofing, and editing skills
- Detail oriented with a high level of accuracy
- Solid problem solving, organizational, and multi-tasking skills
- Solid technical aptitude, able to master software programs and technical processes
- Ability to manage projects and deadlines with medium direction
- Ability to work both independently and in a group with minimal direction
Education and Experience:
- Minimum two years college education
- In process or recently completed degree in Instructional Design, Communications, English, or other related field preferred
- Writing, proofing, or editing experience in any genre preferred
- Experience mentoring or training others preferred
- Experience with authoring tools or other video editing software preferred
- Resumes targeted to this position preferred