Start date: mid-June
APPLY AT: https://www.homie.com/careers/1628244
Social Media Intern
Location: Remote, USA
Type: Remote, USA
Start Date: Mid June
Compensation: $15 per hour
What does it mean to be a Homie? Being a Homie means compassionately looking out for others, doing the right thing even if it’s the hard thing, and showing up as your true, authentic self. At Homie, we’re a friendly group of curious dreamers and expert operators who believe the status ain’t quo. For too long, the way homes have been bought and sold has been outdated, costly, and overcomplicated. We’re here to change that. Through a combination of technology and expert, full-service agent support, Homie is simplifying the real estate process and eliminating high fees and commissions.
Homie launched in 2015. Five years later, we’re one of the fastest-growing technology companies in the country and the #1 listings brokerage in the great state of Utah. With real estate, home loans, and insurance services under one roof, Homie is disrupting an industry and paving the way for what real estate can, and should, become. We’re on a mission to make homeownership affordable, easy, and accessible for all — and we’re just getting started.
Disruption: Real estate is ready. The time is now.
Loyalty: Homies come first — our customers, team members, and communities.
Balance: Work is an important part of your life, but it’s not your life.
Humility: Grateful isn’t dead. And there’s always more to learn.
Homie’s digital marketing team is looking for a social-media obsessed intern to assist with growth and engagement. The role will focus on outbound engagement, strategic partnerships, curation and publishing. Outside of posting native content consistently, you will help leverage the power of partnerships to grow Homie’s social media presence locally and globally. This internship will focus on developing these relationships through identification of, outreach to, and coordination with potential partners.
This internship will span a 3 month period, ideally beginning mid-June and ending mid-September. This is a paid internship, and can also comply with any necessary college credit requirements.
- Assist with outbound engagement on various social media platforms, specifically Facebook and Instagram
- Identify the Homie voice and respond to relevant posts, engage conversation and grow brand awareness
- Keep a pulse on trending topics and identify opportunities for Homie to tap into them on social
- Help identify potential social media partnerships in local markets
- Coordinate partner marketing efforts like giveaways and other cross-pollination tactics
- Create content via design, photographs and video
- Adhere to content calendar to schedule posts on various social media channels
- Aid in curating impactful hashtags, geotagging, and optimizing content discoverability
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field OR currently in 3rd / 4th year of college undergraduate program
- Strong working knowledge of social media platforms including Facebook and Instagram
- Experience creating, writing, editing and publishing content for a business or personal brand
- An eye for design and experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Canva or related design software
- Experience with social media dashboards and software. Familiarity with Agorapulse is a plus
More about Homie
Homie is a real estate company changing the way real estate is bought and sold by eliminating high fees and commissions. The company simplified an outdated and overcomplicated process through a combination of technology and expert, full-service agent support. Homie operates in four states, it is the #1 listing brokerage office in Utah and is growing in Arizona, Nevada, and Denver. With real estate, home loans, closing services, and insurance, the Homie Tech family is making every aspect of buying and selling a home simple, affordable, and enjoyable. Finally, the way real estate should be.