Posting Dates: 05/18/2021 – 06/10/2021
This position will begin after June 30th.
As the communication and messaging intern, you’ll assist the Communication Manager to highlight the incredible work of BYU-Pathway’s Field Operations department and the EnglishConnect program. You will play a crucial role in a collaborative work environment to develop, write, and deliver short- and long-term client projects.
You will develop editorial calendars, interview students and learners, write copy for a variety of mediums (print, digital and social), distribute messages, make edits to web pages, and carry out other administrative tasks as needed.
As a member of a professional communication department, you will get to interact with our messaging, digital marketing, and design teams. You will gain meaningful experience applicable to the communication field and walk away with portfolio pieces.
This is a paid internship located at the Triad Center in Salt Lake City (The office is currently working remotely but candidates must be in Utah or Idaho for the duration of their internship). The hourly salary is $13.50. Hours are typically Monday–Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Attends meetings with Communication Manager to collaborate on projects
- Reviews upcoming tasks and project needs
- Creates and edits content involved with each communication-related messages
- Manages various ongoing and short-term projects
- Maintains client relations and receives project requests
- Assists with production
- Must be eligible to work in the Strong writing, communication, and editing skills
- Studying Communication, English, Journalism, Business, Marketing, international studies or a related field.
- Thorough knowledge of and experience with the writing process
- Experience conducting interviews
- Ability to follow directions and meet fast-paced deadlines
- Planning, organizing, and time management
- Attention to detail
- Familiarity with marketing email campaigns (preferred)
- Second-language abilities is a plus (e.g. Spanish, Portuguese, or French preferred)
Program skills preferred:
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and online office applications (Google Docs/Drive)
- WordPress, BrightSpot or another publishing/content management tool
- Marketing Cloud or other email marketing system (basic understanding is a plus)
- Adobe Creative Suite (basic understanding is a plus)
- Writing for social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
Must be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and currently temple worthy.