Apply by May 21 via BYU’s Handshake at https://byu.joinhandshake.com/jobs/4728211.
About this job
The Elizabeth Smart Foundation is looking for a Philanthropy Intern to join our team for the 2021 summer, or possibly longer. This position is ideal for those pursuing a career in nonprofit work, fundraising, public relations, and/or marketing.
While schedules can be flexible, it’s expected that the successful candidate will dedicate 15-20 hours per week. The position is mostly remote, but the intern must be present at Monday morning team meetings in Salt Lake City, UT.
Working closely with the Chief Philanthropy Officer, the philanthropy intern will gain hands-on experience developing and executing strategies to secure financial and in-kind donations to sustain ESF’s mission. Some of these duties may include:
· Developing and implementing fundraising campaigns
· Grant writing
· Contributing to donor-centric communications
· Researching and qualifying prospective donors
· Fostering new relationships to grow ESF’s donor database
To qualify for this position, candidates should meet the following requirements:
· Recent graduate or entering their 3rd or 4th year of their undergraduate program
· Maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA
· Intrinsically motivated, self-starter, and creative problem solver.
· Possess clear, concise, and compelling writing skills
· Meet strict deadlines
· Work independently and prioritize tasks
· Personable, organized, and reliable
· Have a passion for ESF’s mission
· Capable of working with discretion on sensitive topics
· Be able to commute to Salt Lake City, Utah