Click on the job titles to apply via BYU’s Handshake by May 13, 2021.
Rising Star Outreach is a NonProfit Organization based in Provo, Utah. Our mission is to help leprosy colonies become thriving, self-sufficient communities.
We are accomplishing this through three major initiatives:
- Economic rehabilitation through micro-grants.
- Providing medical care through mobile medical clinics.
- Educating children by providing opportunities to become productive citizens of India.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Conscious of international development
- Create content for the STARS instagram page & other social media accounts
- Help recruit potential donors to the STARS program
- Reach out to nonprofit specific podcasts, influencers, community magazines
- Reach out to nonprofit management professors and sociology professors and schedule appointments to showcase the STARS program
- Assist in writing and sending press releases for the STARS program
- Help write the STARS newsletter (once a month)
- Write bios for new students in the STARS program
- Help write and update email templates
- Help package donor boxes for STARS program
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- An ability to work independently to execute tasks, while seeking support and feedback as appropriate
- Strong research and writing skills
- Research potential funders to identify and prioritize applications
- Create and maintain a grant calendar detailing application deadlines and tasks
- Contact grant providers for additional information and nonprofits that may offer grants but do not advertise it
- Write grants and fill out applications
- Consult with the Director of Development to submit grant drafts and then edit them
- Strategize and present ideas to maximize funding from all potential funding sources, including grants, individual donations and other opportunities
Supervisor Contact Info:
Elizabeth Cook | Internship & Events Coordinator
| phone: (925) 724-6024
| email: email@example.com
| website: risingstaroutreach.org
| address: 3521 N University Ave #250, Provo, UT 84604
| LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elizabethcook23