Some jobs can qualify for internship credit. Talk to the internship coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
The National Energy Foundation (NEF) is looking for an experienced editor to assist in the production of our large and impressive suite of energy education materials. This position is part time, with some flexibility in hours during different months, and will serve as a member of our production team based in Salt Lake City, Utah.
• Edit and/or proof materials
• Verify and research statistics and website urls
• Assist with writing concise, clear templates
• Assist in the production process
• Assist in keeping our writing conventions style guide current
• Assist with materials inventory, as requested
• Other duties, as assigned
• Reliable, self-motivated and accountable for completion of tasks
• College degree; Editing, Linguistics, or English preferred
• 2 + years professional editing experience (a degree listed above could offset this)
• Knowledge of AP format; experience preferred
• Ability to be concise and simplify both text and content
• Excellent time management skills
• Excellent communication skills; oral and written
• Detail oriented
• Excellent organizational skills
• Flexibility as a team member, willing to work in any capacity to get the job done
• Proficient computer skills; Word, Google Docs, Adobe Acrobat, etc.
Interested applicants should email a resume, with references, to Laurie Sumsion at email@example.com.