Merkle is a leading technology-enabled, data-driven customer experience management (CXM) company. For over 30 years, Fortune 1,000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with us to build and maximize the value of their customer portfolios. Merkle is an agency of dentsu.
Diversity is embedded in who we are and all that we do: our mindset, our solutions, and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable environment. We put our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. Our differences make us richer and enable stronger relationships with each other and foster greater impact for our clients. We engage with our communities to drive positive social impact by fostering equity and working to create a digital society that works for all.
This is an ideal opportunity for college juniors and seniors or anyone looking to gain exposure in an innovative, fast-paced marketing and advertising agency. This is a full-time, virtual, paid internship from June 7 to August 6. Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
As a Copywriter Intern on our Digital Experience team, you will contribute to strategies and ideas that are artfully crafted and cut through the noise to engage in simple, surprising and empathetic ways. You will collaborate with Creative Art Directors and Designers in developing content for digital marketing communications that will motivate people to act. You will take a peek into the conceptual development and design of a client’s digital marketing campaigns and help develop work that is conceptually rich and performance-driven to achieve marketing/strategic goals, while satisfy branding requirements of individual clients.
- Understand assigned client voices and establish and maintain a clear tone throughout the project
- Participate in ideation sessions and project meetings
- Work with Art Directors and Designers to bring written ideas to life while delivering the words and verbal content that accompanies visual elements
- Rising Junior or Senior pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Creative Writing, Journalism, Marketing Communications OR relevant experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word with overall knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of how to best write for digital (web and social) channels
- Some understanding of brand development
- Ability to meet aggressive deadlines and juggle multiple priorities