To apply, log in to your account on the Church website. Use the ID numbers below to find the job postings.
Posting Dates: 03/25/2021 – No Closing Date
Available Openings: 3
Department: BYU-Pathway Worldwide
Please Note: All positions are subject to close without notice.
BYU-Pathway Worldwide is looking to fill several social media intern positions. These internship positions are 40-hours per week and are paid. Initially the internship might be remote but will eventually transition into the office. Internships start every January, April/May and August/September. There might be an opportunity for part-time employment (20 hours) instead of full time.
Social media interns fill strategy and production areas in either digital marketing and advertising, or social community growth and engagement in support of BYU-Pathway Worldwide’s digital outreach efforts. These efforts include managing day-to-day social media activity; developing and implementing social media campaigns and tactics; targeting online outreach to promote brand awareness and drive enrollment; and analyzing, reviewing, and reporting on effectiveness of campaigns to maximize results.
Last year we doubled our organic follower growth and had a tenfold increase in our engagements. If you want to be part of something that continues to grow and evolve, this is the right internship for you.
- Daily content creation for our social media channels, even in other languages.
- Daily monitoring and reporting of social media engagement metrics associated with each channel.
- Fostering a sense of community through our social media channels through moderation of comments as well as interacting with students in dedicated Facebook groups.
POSSIBLE RESPONSIBILITIES, AS NEEDED
- Creating and monitoring ad campaigns via Ads Manager, Google Ads, and Snapchat Ads.
- Testing new ad concepts and ad platform features.
- Creating reports related to our website and ad platforms.
- These positions will help BYU-Pathway clearly and effectively communicate its mission, and the profound impact it has in thousands of students and Church-service missionaries throughout the world using social media. As a member of a professional communication team, students will gain meaningful experience and skills applicable to the communication field.
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Excellent planning, organizing, and time management
- Ability to proactively overcome obstacles with minimal supervision
- Strong industry awareness of trends in social media performance
- Experience in social media management and online content creation
- Studying Marketing, Business or Communications with an emphasis in Public Relations, Advertising, or Social Media Marketing (preferred)
- Demonstrated success or university coursework in any of the following fields:
- Digital Media Content Creation
- Media Research Methods
- Media Strategy and Planning
- Social Media Marketing and Advertising
- If you know these, it is a plus:
- Google Ads
- Facebook Ads Manager
- Snapchat Ads
- How to post directly on each of these platforms, as well as using social media publishing tools like Hootsuite:
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Spanish, Portuguese and French language skills