APPLY BY MARCH 31, 2021
Posted on BYU Handshake HERE.
Internship: Utah Youth Soccer Association is the state’s largest soccer organization, serving over 53,000 players across the state. The selected intern for the Utah Youth Soccer Association (UYSA) will have the opportunity to work with our events/operations department on a variety of tasks throughout their internship. Being a part of the UYSA staff provides interns the chance to learn the tricks and trades of working in a recreation/sports management environment.
Duties: The internship experience depends upon the current projects and events at UYSA. Projects and tasks will cover a variety of areas including event management, marketing, promotions and office work. A sampling of tasks and projects includes:
- Assisting with UYSA Events (State Cup, UYSA Golf Tournament, AGM, Awards Gala, Presidents Cup)
- Creating Social Media Content
- Opportunity to develop plans for programs
- Create a small sided soccer league
- Assist in developing a marketing/operations plan for UYSA programs (US Youth Soccer Month for the summer, Recreation Nights)
- General Office Duties and assignments
- Great communication and customer service skills
- Detail oriented and organized
- Able to lift at least 30-40 lbs.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel is a plus)
- Soccer experience is a plus but not required
Details: Current opening is a part or full time intern, which is required to work between 20-40 hours a week working Monday through Friday with some weekends/evenings based on event schedule.
Internships with UYSA are paid (stipend) and with the chance to receive college credit.