APPLY BY April 2, 2021
UMOCA’s Internships are a great way to gain professional experience working for a non-profit art museum. All of our internships are department centered, offering a unique look on how each facet contributes to the operations of a contemporary art museum. Interns have the opportunity to work one-on-one with department heads to carry out specific projects and general daily needs. Supplementary learning experiences are also achieved through assisting with public programs including https://www.utahmoca.org/internships/exhibition openings, film screenings, art talks, and community outreach. For more detailed information on the internships UMOCA offers, see the links to the right.
Internships are unpaid and based on semester schedules (depending on the accrediting institution’s requirements)
- Development Intern
- The development intern, supervised by the development director, provides a wide array of support to the fundraising efforts at UMOCA. By supporting fundraising and donor relations, the successful applicant will gain insight into the processes necessary to run an efficient, multi-faceted nonprofit that builds relationships with donors.
- Visitor Experience Intern
- The Visitor Experience Intern will help achieve this mission by assisting with tours and events, creating informative content for visitors (physical and virtual), assisting with volunteer organization, welcoming visitors in the lobby, assisting with the Art Shop, and organizing archival records and artifacts.
- Marketing & Graphics Intern
- The Marketing & Graphics Intern will help achieve this mission by creating digital images, formatting online/print content, writing social media posts, updating local events listings, and increasing online and in person engagement. They will also work closely with the marketing director and the marketing sub-committee
- Research Assistant Intern
- The Research Assistant will help achieve that mission by working directly with the Executive Director to conduct thorough research and analysis of relevant museum projects and topics. (Art history and English majors preferred.)
Due dates for Applications (application deadlines may be extended if positions are unfilled):
- Summer Semester 2021: April 2, 2021