Open until filled.
UCCD is offering a competitive, intensive, and immersive Fellowship Program for a highly motivated student interested in deepening his/her understanding of a career in the field of international affairs, citizen and public diplomacy, and social media.
The Utah Council for Citizen Diplomacy believes that everyone has the right, even the responsibility to help shape U.S. foreign policy one handshake at a time. Since 1967, we at UCCD have fostered citizen diplomacy by creating meaningful person-to-person interactions with individuals from other countries and cultures.
UCCD works with the U.S. Department of State’s International Visitor Leadership Program and other exchange programs to welcome hundreds of emerging leaders from around the world to Utah to meet with like-minded professionals, businesses, government agencies, and organizations to exchange best practices and create networks while experiencing Utah’s unique culture. Additionally, UCCD invites the local community to attend the World Affairs Lecture Series that features experts from a wide range of disciplines to speak about relevant foreign diplomacy topics resulting in a globally savvy community.
UCCD offers a dynamic working environment with ample opportunities to learn about global issues and cultures while creating professional networks with international, national, and local individuals. The applicant should have high energy, enjoy a busy atmosphere, and handle multiple ongoing projects. The position requires a high standard of quality, excellent interpersonal skills, a keen eye for detail, thorough follow-through, initiative, flexibility, and strong computer skills. Successful candidates must have a passion for working for change at a grassroots level and an interest in international affairs and cultures.
Description of position:
The Utah Council for Citizen Diplomacy (UCCD) is hiring a part-time fellow. UCCD’s goal is to expand our social media presence across Utah, thereby growing a larger and more diverse audience that publicly engages with UCCD. The Social Media Data Analyst Fellow will be responsible for spreading the mission and branding of UCCD across multiple digital platforms, including but not limited to: Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Mailchimp Newsletters, and Community Calendars.
Position Title: Social Media Data Analyst Fellow
Type of Position: Fellowship
Hours: 15- 20 hours a week and must be available 3 days of the work week.
Stipend: $10 per hours or a total of $5,000 or 500 hours
Benefits: Professional letter of recommendation, professional resume content, school credit if applicable
Commitment: 6 months – 1 year
Communications (80% of workload)
- Update social media and newsletter post requests from staff in a timely manner
- Draft and post all social language necessary
- Maintain a consistent and timely flow of social media posts throughout the week
- Draft and send weekly newsletters
- Boost appropriate ads and customize the audience for maximum outreach potential
- Regularly update the Ad Data Spreadsheet and analyze the data
- Update the Community Calendars with appropriate events
Project Component (20% of workload)
- You will be required to complete a project plan in accordance with UCCD expectations. Your project will be designed in collaboration with your supervisor based on your interests and UCCD needs.
- Experience with social media and social media analytics
- Strong writing, editing, and verbal communication skills
- High level computer proficiency
- Able to work at a fast pace with energy and enthusiasm
- Willing to learn new skills and improve through feedback
- Demonstrates a commitment to teamwork
- Able to deliver on tasks and to-do list quickly and accurately
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Able to manage projects simultaneously while being highly organized
- A positive and outgoing attitude
- Self starter and able to work with little supervision
- Ability to analyze and think critically, be resourceful
- Personal integrity and discretion
- Adheres to the highest standards of protocols, business etiquette, and diplomacy in all interactions
- Application Deadline: *Open until filled, desire to hire immediately. Apply soon!
Job Types: Part-time, Internship
Pay: $10.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
This job is primarily virtual, hence why we are accepting applicants from all around Utah! However, we do work in pods of 3-4 people in the office once a week. This is optional and only to create a sense of community. Masks required.