See all Vivint job postings at https://vivint.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/vivintjobs (search by keyword “intern” to see internship postings)
Vivint Smart Home is a leading smart home company in North America. Vivint delivers an integrated smart home system with in-home consultation, professional installation and support delivered by its Smart Home Pros, as well as 24/7 customer care and monitoring. Dedicated to redefining the home experience with intelligent products and services, Vivint serves more than 1.7 million customers.
Vivint was named to the Forbes list of “America’s Best Employers for Diversity” in 2020 and 2019, and to the Forbes list of “America’s Best Employers” in 2018. The company has a strong commitment to philanthropy and received a 2020 Gold Halo Award from Engage for Good for group volunteerism. Vivint is the largest tech employer in Utah and has received multiple awards for innovation, including being named among Fast Company’s “World’s 50 Most Innovative Companies.”
- Providing Operations Support for the Research & Insights team at the Vivint Innovation Center
- Recruiting and scheduling participants for research
- Helping to take notes on research studies and tests
- Helping to organize the Research repository, including tagging documents and organizing repository folders
- Assisting with planning and executing research projects
- Interest in the research or research ops fields
- Good organizational skills
- Good communication skills
- Professional manner
- Some past experience with research including surveys, interviewing, etc. would be helpful
- This role is an entry-level position so we don’t expect a great deal of past experience. Rather, we are looking for someone who is interested in a career in research or research operations who would like to join one of the largest dedicated corporate research teams in Utah and learn about conducting and organizing research.
Our mission is to redefine the home experience through intelligently designed products and services delivered to every home by people who care.
What you will be working on:
The Research & Insights team supports our product, design, marketing, and other teams with research on our customers and other consumers. You would be working on a wide variety of research projects including surveys, interviews, testing products with consumers, and so on. You would be providing operational support for the Research & Insights team as they work on these projects, and in the process getting great exposure to how this research is conducted, direct experience hearing from consumers and customers in the research process, and valuable experience in the emerging field of research operations.
Who you will work with:
You will be working as a member of the Research & Insights team, which is based at the Innovation Center at Thanksgiving Point in Lehi, Utah (but presently working remotely due to COVID). The team is made up of four researchers with a wide range of experience and expertise. You would also be working with product managers, designers, engineers, marketers, and others on individual research projects.
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for someone either still in school or early in their career who is interested in a career in the research field. You would be passionate about understanding what makes people tick, consumer behaviors, and ideally have an interest in technology products.
This would be a three-month, full-time, paid internship, with the start time flexible between March and May 2021.