To apply, log in to your account on the Church website. Use the ID number below to find the job posting.
UNITED STATES | UT-Lehi
ID 286215, Type: Temporary Full-Time
Posting Dates: 02/09/2021 – 03/21/2021
Job Family: Human Resources
Department: Family History Department
The purpose of the Family History Department is to create inspiring experiences that bring joy to all people as they discover, gather, and connect their family—past, present, and future. Our quality standards guide the way we work. They are: inspiration, trust, kindness, effectiveness, and simplicity.
If our purpose statement and quality standards are something you believe in, we invite you to apply for this position. One of the expectations of employment in the Family History Department is a willingness to do Family History research and help others do the same.
Join a fun, tightknit, and highly functional team tasked with creating excellent content that inspires people around the world to engage in family history and connect with their families. Prepare blog articles for translation in 11 languages and publish translations using HTML and WordPress. Work with in-country managers and others to develop a publishing calendar and improve the team’s international content strategy.
Responsibilities may vary by assignment depending on department and need. The Intern receives assignments from supervising staff. The Manager reviews the Intern’s work occasionally. The supervisor reviews each assignment as it is completed. The Intern is expected to meet rigid and challenging deadlines, work in harmony with other people, take direction on each assignment, and give full attention to detail. Independence in working, tact, and diplomacy are required. Sound judgment of Church doctrine, history, organization, policy and protocol are also expected.
- Editorial Support: Review English articles to be translated for international relevance and optimization. Facilitate content through the translation and publishing processes. Support international content publishing priorities.
- Online Publishing Support: Help find images that follow the FamilySearch style guide to support blog and newsroom content. Create and edit HTML files to assist with translation. Upload translated files to WordPress and coordinate publication.
- Marketing Support: Support international marketing campaigns and initiatives. Perform content analytics and optimizations as assigned. Manage international blog comments.
- SEO: Learn how to do international keyword research to find terms and phrases that will be used in blog articles and content strategy.
- Tracking and Reporting: Assist in maintaining needful documentation and filing systems required to support productive workflow and reporting.
- Other Projects as Assigned: Assist with other team projects as needed. May include developing, writing, editing, and otherwise aiding with international marketing initiatives.
- Genuine interest in international marketing and languages
- Strong people, organization, and project management skills
- WordPress, HTML, or CSS skills are a bonus
- Fluency in a foreign language preferred
- Bachelor’s (or near completion) in Marketing, PR, Journalism or related
Paid Interns are qualified while enrolled in an educational institution and for one year following graduation. They must sign a Paid Internship Engagement Letter.
Must be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and currently temple worthy.