CREATIVE WRITERS WANTED
[UPDATE: Position filled as of 3/16/21]
Posted on BYU’s Handshake at https://byu.joinhandshake.com/jobs/4504339?ref=preview-header-click
We are a growing genealogy visualization company in need of a student Copywriter who can prepare amazing copy for our audience. In this role, you’ll be responsible for creating blog posts that will be available on our website and in our newsletter.
We are in a growth stage that requires quick turnarounds, so flexibility is critical for success in this position. We are looking for a candidate who is creative, innovative and able to easily learn and adapt to our user base. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working remotely and online. This role is a paid internship and is initially for two months, which can be extended.
We are looking for an individual that is passionate about creating outstanding content:
- Genealogy: Ours is a genealogy enhancing platform – you will be responsible for helping us design and execute a content strategy aimed at increasing user engagement and retention.
- Seasonal content: Plan and prepare articles according to important dates in the calendar (both US and Europe. For example, Saint Patrick’s Day, Easter, war memorials, arrival of immigrants, historic events, etc.
We want to hear from you if you:
– Have a background in copywriting, creative writing, marketing, communications.
– Write well and are proficient in online tools (Google Docs).
– Bonus points if you have created content related to genealogy
– Quick learner and a problem solver.
– Detail oriented and organized.
Best way to get our attention is to accompany your resume/application with examples of your work. This position is intended to be a testing ground for a full time role with the company within 6-12 months.