All Podium job openings at https://www.podium.com/careers/
Podium is a suite of messaging tools for local business. Using our platform, businesses of all sizes can connect with customers via text to do things like request payments, collect reviews, and sell products, in a modern, convenient way. Our work streamlining this process for local businesses has awarded us recognition on top industry lists, such as Forbes’ Next Billion Dollar Startups, Forbes’ Cloud 100, the Inc. 5000 (#13), and Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies — in the last year alone. For more about our product, watch this video. Podium has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture and was recently named one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces for 2019. We look for people who are curious, creative and work to be a little better every day. In our work together we embody our values: Be a founder, Murder drama, and Enjoy the ride.
Podium is looking for a Legal Intern for the Summer of 2021 to assist our in-house legal team on a variety of projects. In this role you will work closely with our attorneys and senior contracts manager to help us better support various departments across the company, while gaining valuable experience and insight into the legal landscape at one of the world’s fastest growing companies.
What you will be doing:
- Provide support to and build relationships with in-house Attorneys and Senior Contracts Manager
- Collaborate with other team members on various projects and initiatives, as needed.
- Review, analyze, and organize various commercial agreements, including non-disclosure agreements, master services agreements, and subscription documentation.
- Assist with substantive legal research and drafting of legal memoranda
What you should have:
- Working on a BA/BS in Pre-Law, Business Manager, or similar quantitative discipline with plans to attend law school (current enrollment at ABA-approved law school is preferred).
- Availability to work full-time hours (40/hrs week) starting in May.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated–a self-starter–with the ability to work both in teams and independently
- Highly organized, with an attention to detail
- Strong research, writing, and editing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Docs
What we hope you have:
- Critical thinking and analytical skills
- Experience working with Salesforce and/or contracting management software
- Experience in a SaaS environment