Posted on BYU Handshake at https://byu.joinhandshake.com/jobs/4270913.
Utah Symphony | Utah Opera’s Development summer intern is responsible for assisting the Development Department with its administrative, presentational, promotional, and onsite operational aspects of the Deer Valley® Music Festival. This individual will interact with patrons, individual donors, corporate sponsors, orchestra members, and guest artists, therefore, a professional and mature demeanor is required. College students and graduate students with an interest in Arts Management, Non-Profit Fundraising, or Event Planning are encouraged to apply.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
· Assisting with the Deer Valley® Music Festival VIP program
· Weekday office work in Salt Lake City, UT
· Friday and Saturday night concert duty in Park City, UT (Concerts at Snow Park Lodge)
· Occasional weeknight event duty in Park City, UT (Salon Events in Private Homes)
· Tracking RSVP lists for events throughout the summer
· Assisting with Utah Symphony touring
The work schedule is flexible (allowing for days/evenings off each week) and will be negotiated before the internship begins. This is an unpaid internship but does offer other benefits described below. The candidate would ideally have superior customer service skills when dealing with patrons over the phone and face-to-face. Candidates must be proficient in Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook. Knowledge of the design website WordFly and of the ticketing and fundraising database system Tessitura is a plus.
The benefits of a Deer Valley® Music Festival internship include:
· Lodging in Park City during weekend festival work
· Dinners provided during weekend festival work and at other evening events
· Opportunities to attend performances and receive complimentary/discounted tickets
· Opportunities to meet prominent artists in various music fields
· Increased understanding of the performing arts and arts administration
· Opportunities to interact with top administrative professionals in the performing arts field
Internships begin June 8, 2021 and end on August 8, 2021. The internship start date could be flexible depending on the applicant. Applications are due by Friday, March 19. Application materials should include a resume and cover letter.