Clearlink is looking for a full-time Communications Intern to join our marketing team over the summer. In this role, you’ll work closely with a multi-disciplinary team of talented marketers to tell your brand’s story and extend it’s digital reach. You will collaborate with our digital PR, email marketing, and social media teams to create and promote newsworthy, industry-leading content that establishes website authority, engages readers, and builds brand awareness.
The summer internship program is 10 weeks in length and offers a unique perspective into a leading provider of content and conversion services. Interns will work a regular workweek: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and pay is $15 an hour.
- Natural problem-solver with a deep understanding of online communities
- Persistent go-getter who is resilient and willing to do whatever it takes to get a story covered by the media
- Detail-oriented and results-driven with ability to give and receive feedback
- Ability to stay organized and juggle several projects simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Autonomous self-starter who asks intelligent questions and proactively seeks the knowledge and resources to excel
- Excited by challenges and has an innate sense of curiosity
- Enjoys building and cultivating relationships
- Displays knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios with creativity
- A passion and knack for social media marketing and community building
- PR-minded and general interest in branding
- Ability to analyze data and performance metrics from email campaigns and apply learnings to improve future content
- Perform outreach to website owners, bloggers, journalists, major media outlets, and influencers
- Build outreach email lists for content promotion campaigns
- Create content with outreach and PR potential
- Pitch and place content with top-tier publications via networking and relationship building
- Track and report progress to managers and clients
- Improve site rankings and increase brand awareness through outreach and digital PR
- Create social media content that coincides with digital PR campaigns, drives traffic and engagement, and spurs channel growth
- Build meaningful connections and engage community members through dialog and messaging
- Stay up-to-date with changes in the social media landscape, including emerging trends and technologies
- Help build email campaigns and report on performance
Who would be good at this job?
English majors, marketing majors, business majors, rhetoric and/or communications majors
- Must be a Junior or Senior—prefer graduating Seniors
- Must have a 3.0 GPA or higher
Clearlink’s team of 1,700+ employees is headquartered in Salt Lake City and has been creating marketing content services for Fortune 500 companies for over 13 years. Clearlink has been recognized as a great place to work with awards such as Utah Business Magazine’s Fast 50, Inc. Magazine’s 500/5000 List, Salt Lake Tribune Top Workplaces, Utah Chapter of the American Marketing Association – Internal Campaign, and many more.