Posted on BYU’s Handshake at https://byu.joinhandshake.com/jobs/4239243?ref=home-unit-item.
APPLY on Handshake BY JANUARY 15.
The Seymour Agency is a premier literary agency founded by Mary Sue Seymour in 1992 that represents a variety of award-winning and best-selling fiction and non-fiction authors. We strive to represent diverse authors and content that reflects the many communities, cultures, and countries we serve. Being inclusive is our mission.
This internship position is for a student seeking college credit – undergraduate or graduate – for experiential learning within the publishing industry. The intern will need to demonstrate exceptional critical thinking skills, integrated with exemplary professionalism.
Interns will glean an in-depth look into traditional publishing, the editorial process, publicity and marketing of a title, and agency protocols. Additionally, they will receive hands-on experience in the mobile gaming space—a major area of growth for storytellers—and means of distribution, adaptation and visibility. Working with our partners at Crazy Maple Studio, interns will learn about the mobile gaming industry, game scripting and adaptation, the art process, and marketing.
• Read query letters and requested materials and draft recommendations
• Read client materials and draft feedback in the form of beta notes, critiquing, content edits, and/or line edits
• Contribute to social media content creation
• Post on Agency/Chapters blog and social networks
• Mobile Game Play + Analyses
• Mobile Game Script Adaptation Procedures
• Event planning on an as-needed basis
• Design State of the Publishing Industry presentation
• Degree related to English, publishing, communications, or other applicable field
• Proficient use of writing conventions
• Solid understanding of social media
• Team-oriented, positive, and dedicated to supporting authors
This remote internship runs for 12-weeks with 12 modules related to the publishing industry.
Start: Monday, January 25, 2021
End: Friday, April 16, 2021