APPLY BY JANUARY 18, 2021.
Please include samples of your work in the application.
Responsible for developing and writing content that inspires, educates, and engages university audiences, including university students, employees, alumni, professional associates, and community associates. The Content Writing & Editing Intern assists the University Marketing & Communications Manager and the entire team in bringing awareness of university stories, events, and happenings through high-quality written and digital content and distribution and tracking of digital communications.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Marketing and Communications
- Research trending healthcare and higher education topics that support content for the university blog and news pages, magazine, and podcast.
- Write and develop high-quality articles and marketing content.
- Edit articles, internal messages, and other marketing content.
- Work with university students, employees, and alumni develop potential stories
- Assist in coordinating and distributing the university newsletters and magazine.
- Coordinate, develop, write, and edit content for the university magazine.
- Help monitor data from internal and external communications, including news, magazine, and newsletter viewings.
- Other Duties as Assigned
● Development of Self
● Job Knowledge/Skill Application
● Champions Innovation
● Drives for Results
● Critical Thinking
● Develops & Inspires Others
● Develops Strategic Perspective
● Financial Accountability
High school diploma or equivalent required; some college education preferred.
English/writing/journalism/marketing major preferred but all majors are encouraged to apply.
Knowledge of communication and writing strategies.
Candidates should have a familiarity with writing style guides (with emphasis on Chicago and AP).
1-2 years of experience writing in a professional setting.
Strong oral and written communication abilities.
Ability to use related hardware and software (e.g., Adobe Creative Cloud, Google Suite, and Microsoft Office).