Click on the job titles for more information
Summary: Discovery Gateway seeks a current college student, current graduate student, or recent college graduate who is interested in serving as a Development Intern and providing a wide range of database, research, administrative and general support to the development team. Development interns will work closely with the Development Manager to grow and expand the work of the Museum. This is an opportunity to work in your community and learn pieces of what it’s like to work at a nonprofit children’s museum.
Hours, Start Date and Duration: The position is based in the administration offices during our business hours of 9am – 5:00pm. We are asking for a minimum of 10-15 hours per week and are flexible on what days and times. Positions can start as early as January 2021 and will run through the beginning of September, with the possibility for extensions.
Employment Classification: Internship; Part-time; $500 stipend
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Database and Technology Management:
· Input donations into database system
· Generate reports to track individual contributions
· Generate contact and/or email lists
· Maintain donor and department files, including development materials
· Assist with mailings, filing, and special projects, as needed
Individual, Foundation and Corporate Giving:
· Research grant and sponsorship opportunities as needed
· Track Medallion Membership Program participation and passes
· Draft thank you letters to donors
· Prepare and track community donations
· Draft correspondence, copy edit appeals and proofread letters
· Assist with annual giving campaigns
Summary: Under the supervision of Senior Manager, Marketing, this position supports the Museum’s marketing department. Gain valuable work experience in fast-paced inhouse ad agency at prestigious museum’s marketing department as a paid intern.
Employment Classification: Part-time, 10 -15 hours per week, $500 stipend. Work schedule is determined by museum needs but is typically hours during the business week, but may also include night, weekend and holiday work hours as assigned by supervisor.
- Participate in the creative conception, planning, and execution of departmental projects.
- Assist in ensuring that all museum’s online channels, including Discovery Gateway’s social media and website, are up to date.
- Assist with content creation.
- Assist with reputation management and respond to online reviews.
- Some assistance for Graphic Designer with layouts.