Apply through BYU Pathway https://byu.joinhandshake.com/jobs/4164199?ref=open-in-new-tab&search_id=4323ebbc-8342-44bf-80af-361607beec0f
We are seeking students who want experience with a small non-profit with an opportunity for exposure to
many aspects of our organization. The primary role of this position will be to pursue opportunities where we
can educate, inspire, and grow our community through various outlets such as grant and proposal writing, website content creation, fundraising and community education campaigns, and community outreach. We are looking for someone with initiative and a creative drive who wants to be an active member of the team and work with us at our office (or, due to COVID-19 concerns, online) on a daily basis.
We also highly encourage all of our skill-based interns to experience our programs first hand by joining us on an expedition to Zambia. Up to 132 hours of your internship can be fulfilled in-country. This experience is extremely enriching and makes your internship exponentially more rewarding. If you are interested in this possibility, please inquire during your interview.
- Develop a deep understanding of MWB programs in Zambia and become a passionate advocate.
- Be an active member of our U.S. based team working to support our programs and staff in Zambia.
- Identify, qualify, cultivate, and solicit 1-2 major grant proposals per semester.
- Support content preparation for major printed and digital publications as mentioned in the job summary.
- Strengthen relationships with granting bodies and community members to increase MWB reach
- Train incoming interns at the conclusion of your internship to ensure the ongoing success of your projects.
- Must be committed to being a part of our team for at least 1 year.
- Able to work in our office located in Provo.
- Ability to research and write effectively about a wide variety of topics with little to no oversight.
- Ability to grasp the MWB brand to create a consistent voice in all projects and communications.
- Must be able to take initiative and be able to approach tasks with creativity and confidence. Need to be driven and a self-starter without the need to be told everything to do.
- Works well in a team environment and is willing to pick up other responsibilities when needed.
- You must be willing to train the next intern who will fill your place for 2 weeks after the internship.
You have a team ethos and love working with people.
You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced startup environment, with people who are passionate about their work and mission. You’re excited to work cross-functionally with other team members and enjoy bringing people together to achieve a goal. People enjoy working with you because they know they can trust you.
You see something that can be improved, and you don’t wait to fix it. You have a strong desire to make Mothers Without Borders a world-class nonprofit.
COMPENSATION & HOURS
This position is an unpaid internship, but may qualify for school credit.
10-20 hours/week. Some responsibilities can be done remotely, but around 10 hours will be required in our Provo office each week.