To see about using a student job as an internship, please contact the internship coordinator (email@example.com)
Compliance Research Associate
20 hours/week (F/W), 40 hours/week (S/S)
Desired start date: Immediate
Application deadline: Friday, December 4, 2020
Supervisor: Sarah Campbell
BYU’s Integrity and Compliance Office (ICO) is seeking a compliance research associate to support the work of the chief compliance officer, ICO staff, compliance attorneys, and law clerks to help enhance BYU’s overall ethics and compliance program. Potential projects may include preparing memos that summarize legal and regulatory requirements, drafting and editing university policies, assisting with internal investigations, developing compliance tools and checklists, conducting assessments of compliance activities, helping to create dashboards and mechanisms to monitor compliance, designing materials for and facilitating compliance trainings, benchmarking compliance practices at other universities, working collaboratively with other compliance research associates on peer reviews and group projects, and assisting in administrative duties.
- An understanding of English grammar and usage and the ability to write clearly, correctly, and succinctly.
- Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent research, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- A firm commitment to the mission of BYU.
- Professional appearance and attitude.
- Experience with legal research and writing, or other technical writing and citation experience.
- Computer background and experience, especially a proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, as well as web-based applications.
- Editing training or an editing minor.
- Career objectives which will be enhanced by this job (i.e., Pre-Law, Technical Writing, Communications, etc.)
If interested, please submit the following via email to Jenny Ashby at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter
- Recent research-based writing sample (preferably with citations)
Provo, UT 84602