All of these jobs are available through BYU student employment at https://jobs.byu.edu . Use Job ID numbers to find the jobs listed below.
Radio Production Assistant (JOB ID: 93513)
Start date: 10/22/2020
Hourly Wage: $11.25
Description of Duties
The Radio Production Assistant works on a variety of projects that relate to the production for Top of Mind, a high-profile show on BYUradio. The position requires flexibility and an eagerness to learn new skills and a commitment to meet deadlines. The successful candidate will be responsible for working with other team members to deliver live or pre-recorded programming.
Developing show content, which includes:
- Finding relevant stories that fit the tone of a daily talk show focusing on current events, health, entertainment and technology
- Finding guests to fit story pitches and booking them for telephone or in-person interviews.
- Using excellent writing skills to prepare a setup for the interview that includes researching the topic and the guest.
- Thanking guest after interview is complete.
- Keeping upcoming story slots booked in weeks ahead and keeping within deadlines.
- Occasional other duties may be assigned
Skills and Qualifications
• Exceptional writing skills
• An ability to create successful radio stories from concept to completion
• A sense for what makes a good story
• An eagerness to work in a creative, fast-paced environment
• An ability and a willingness to take direction
• Ability to juggle multiple priorities (writing current story, booking story for next week, pitching new stories).
• Good interpersonal skills
• Computer skills
• A self-starter who can meet deadlines
• An ability to make good use of available time
Email email@example.com AND firstname.lastname@example.org your cover letter including details of your interest in this position. Two writing samples and a resume are also required.
Must have regular and consistent attendance at scheduled shift.
Social Media Manager, BYU Arts (JOB ID: 93500)
The Social Media Manager works on various projects for BYU Arts Marketing to advertise performance events (Music, Theatre, Dance, Film) to students and the public. This role is responsible for conceptualizing, strategizing, and implementing social media and marketing campaigns, and leads in creating social media copy, creative concepts, campaign plans, and in providing campaign analytics.
Portfolio should demonstrate excellent social media skills and a critical eye for engaging content and images.
- Must be skilled in social media software
- Be able to handle several tasks at once and prioritize duties and project schedules accordingly
- Ability to react positively to feedback, and to provide feedback to others in a positive manner
- Photography skills, video editing, web design/coding, and experience with motion graphics/After Effects a plus.
- Previous experience in marketing project management systems
General Schedule Requirements:
- Flexible: 20 hours/week, usually between 8-5pm
- Start Date: As soon as possible
- Submit resume, cover letter, and portfolio as required through the job portal. If needed, portfolios can be sent directly to email@example.com
Writer | External Relations | BYU College of Fine Arts and Communications (JOB ID: 93413)
Hours: 20 hours/week
Desired start date: December, 2020
Hourly rate: $10 (Depends on Experience)
Job Description: Part-time student writer for the College of Fine Arts and Communications. Aid the Assistant Dean of External Relations with writing and editing articles and other college communications. The writer will work on releases and features for BYU Arts and the six academic units within the college (Art, Communications, Dance, Design, Music, Theatre & Media Arts). Articles will focus on events and student/faculty experiences. These articles are posted on the college and BYU Arts websites. Recent examples can be found on cfac.byu.edu/news and arts.byu.edu/news. This position is ideal for journalism, PR or editing majors.
- Write news releases and features for the college and school/department websites
- Attend and report on college-sponsored events
- Interview college faculty, students and alumni
- Verify accuracy of facts, dates and statistics
- Work with supervisor on editing and preparing articles for publication
- Upload articles and images onto the college and school/department websites
- Attend and participate in weekly meetings
- Collaborate on strategic projects
- Assist with other promotional items and college events as needed
- Ability to adapt quickly to new challenges
- Strong writing, editing and communication skills
- Aptitude for learning new things and self-directing
- College experience in public relations, journalism or a related field is preferred
- Experience with WordPress, Microsoft Outlook and AP style preferred
- Experience in the arts is a plus
- Ability to work remotely
Application Instructions: Apply online. Include a cover letter, résumé and three writing samples (at least two of the samples should be written in a journalistic style) with your application.