Apply for this internship via BYU’s Handshake at https://byu.joinhandshake.com/jobs/4022098?ref=open-in-new-tab&search_id=620be6cb-e593-4466-a9e8-091daa3be0f6
Our mission is to instill a generational difference among villages around the world by bringing hope through books. We have village libraries all over the world including in Peru, Nepal, Belize, Ghana and more.
About this Position:
You can work remotely from anywhere in the world. You will be joining a team of dedicated, passionate individuals intent on making a difference. Interns may receive letters of recommendation along with the opportunity to learn valuable skills necessary in the fundraising field.
Start Date: As soon as application is approved
End Date: 12-week commitment with option to extend
Time commitment: 10 or more hours per week. Should be available for all weekly team meetings (scheduled according to all team members’ availabilities).
- Create a database of potential grants and timelines for the entire grant writing process.
- Create and maintain a Grant Calendar which shows when a grant application and/or report is due and the contact information.
- Determine proposal concept by studying requests for proposals (RFPs)
- Review funder websites, printed application guidelines and determine appropriateness of potential funder
- Work with Staff and volunteers to identify areas of needs where a grant would help solve a problem or fill a need.
- Learn how to research and write grants.
- Research and help write, review and edit all affiliate grant proposals (both private foundations and government grants)
- Evaluate grant writing strategy to adapt to the organization’s development and fundraising plan
- Excellent grammar and writing skills
- Layout and presentation skills
- Process improvement
- Strategic planning