ROLE DESCRIPTION: Are you looking for a great company to work for and use the information you’ve gained in school? Well, Trek and this opportunity might just be it for you! Our interns will have the opportunity to work alongside experienced and knowledgeable individuals in the field. Think you have what it takes to intern at the best bike company in the world? This internship will provide you with the opportunity to put your coursework to use in practical applications. The job grows or shrinks depending on your true capabilities. Check out the detailed job description below and apply today if you have the skills and drive to take on the responsibilities! For this opportunity, we are looking for someone to start as soon as possible.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES: This is an assistant technical communications position. In addition to technical writing duties, this position will work closely with the Communications Specialist to develop the documents needed for various teams’ products. You will assist in the management of each document project, working with our Product, Creative Services, and Project teams to develop best-in-class documentation from concept to delivery.
- We are seeking a talented Technical Writer/Documentation Specialist to join our team.
- Work with the development teams to design, create, and revise various types of engineering and technical documents (manuals, bulletins, instructions)
- Collaborate with the Creative Services and freelancers to create illustrations within documentation
- Assist in the management of the TechComm projects for each team from conception to delivery
- Be proactive in the editing and proofing of technical documents
- Maintain Trek’s website library of documents
- Speak to our website audience in an informed, conversational tone
You will also work with our Legal Department on an on-going basis to ensure our documents cover Trek’s legal requirements. Communication and organization are the key elements to this role.
- A strong desire to help create best-in-class documents for Trek Bicycle Company
- Degree (or working towards a degree) in English with Technical Communications emphasis
- Degree (or working towards a degree) in Engineering a plus
- Experience in technical writing a plus
- Experience in Microsoft Office suite, plus desktop publishing experience
- Early adopter of leading-edge communication and web technology
- Ability to work with others in a collaborative environment
- Bicycle knowledge and industry experience a plus
- Awareness of liability issues and ability to maintain confidentiality
- This position will need to sit out of our headquarters in Waterloo, WI.
Headquartered in Waterloo, Wisconsin, Trek Bicycle Corporation is a global leader in bicycle design and manufacturing. From the original hand-built steel touring frames introduced in 1976 to the revolutionary OCLV Carbon first introduced in 1992, Trek’s passion for innovation, quality, and performance leads the industry with next-generation thinking and cutting-edge technology. Today, with a broad range of bicycles and cycling products under the Trek, Gary Fisher, Bontrager brand names, Trek continues to pursue new ways to bring the joy of cycling to all people. Trek employees enjoy a Great Place to Work. Offerings include onsite fitness center with full equipment and classes, cafeteria with healthy options, medical clinic, mountain bike trails, and a library. Other perks are casual dress, flexibility, great health, wellness and retirement benefits, and vast opportunities for training and development.