Posting found at https://balletwest.org/employment
The Frederick Quinney Lawson Ballet West Academy, the official school of Ballet West, is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit with four campuses in downtown Salt Lake City, Park City, and Lehi. Ballet West Academy is Utah’s premier source of dance training providing the highest caliber of ballet instruction to the pre-professional student as well as those who wish to gain a deeper understanding of this beautiful and demanding art form. In order to achieve this goal, Ballet West created the Internship Program. The Academy Intern will work directly with the Academy Managing Director and Academy Director. This is an excellent opportunity for a highly organized and motivated individual to develop skills in nonprofit development work and ultimately learn the essentials of running a ballet.
- Conducting research on industry news, individual, foundation, curriculum, and teaching methodologies
- Maintaining donor and grant databases and files, including calendaring deadlines, logging donations, generating and sending donor acknowledgments, logging donor appreciation efforts
- Supporting the creation, development, and dissemination of marketing collateral to support Ballet West Academy performances
- Assisting Campus Principals with scheduling rehearsals, staging, and events in coordination with the Academy Director
- Assisting staff with the monthly Academy newsletter and community outreach
- Assisting administrative staff with managing special events (e.g., summer intensive, guest teaching) and general development efforts (e.g., raffles, fundraisers)
- Supporting staff with logistics associated with special events, including assisting with the creation of invitation list, all logistics, soliciting sponsors, communicating with venue and vendors
- Tracking and evaluating all development efforts
- Assist guest instructors to Ballet West with a schedule, support and touring of the studios
- Working with the Managing Academy Director on researching larger Ballet West initiatives (e.g., master classes, workshops, showcases)
- Be responsible, flexible, hard‐working, ethical, and committed to the mission of Ballet West Academy
- Possess a high level of organizational skills and be detail-oriented
- Possess solid oral and written communication skills
- Be skilled at a variety of computer skills, e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google Suite (Sheets, Docs, Slides) are mandatory; knowledge of dance theory, ballet, social media marketing, web development, and graphic design is a plus.
- Be able to operate standard office equipment (fax, photocopier, etc.)
- Be able to juggle multiple tasks
- Possess an interest in a nonprofit career ‐ particularly in ballet
- Consent to a background check and have a current driver’s license with clean driving record.
Minimum of 15 hours per week; minimum 3-month commitment, with 6 months desirable.
This is an unpaid position. There is an opportunity for school credit if allowed by the college/university of the applicant. Position offers an excellent opportunity to work on substantive projects in the arts and can result in a great reference.
IV. To Apply
Email cover letter and resume to the Academy Managing Director at email@example.com, with a Re: line of “Application for Academy Intern”