*Because of restrictions related to the coronavirus pandemic, through August 2020, BYU policy requires that all internships be completed remotely. Students will need to work with internship providers to set up remote work. We do not yet know if this requirement will be extended for Fall 2020. Contact the English internship coordinator if you are looking at doing an internship this summer or fall or if you have other questions about the remote requirement. (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Salt Lake City Marketing Internship
Description: The Best Friends Salt Lake City Marketing Intern will help plan, create and post social media content and seek local collaborations that help promote the mission of Best Friends in Utah. Location: Best Friends Lifesaving Center, 2005 S 1100 E, Salt Lake City, UT 84106 Reports to Amy Davila Sanchez, Communications Manager, Mountain West Region Hours: 15-20 hours/week for a minimum of 12 weeks. Schedule flexible.
- Learn elements of successful marketing and social media campaigns to promote adoption, fostering, volunteering and transport programs.
- Social media strategy and content that helps promote Best Friends in Utah.
- Develop successful community events and partnerships that spread awareness of Best Friends in Utah.
- Partner with the Marketing Specialist in creating a social media strategic plan & schedule to submit to the Communications and Outreach Manager for approval.
- Become familiar with Best Friends “voice” & mission
- Visit the Lifesaving Center regularly to meet the animals, take pictures & speak with volunteers & staff to obtain information to incorporate into content
- Engage with two local third party organizations or business. Plan collaborative initiatives and outreach opportunities with them. Support in the execution of these.
- Must have good communication skills and be comfortable meeting new people. A knack for storytelling is a must. Must be a strong writer.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the Lifesaving Center.
- Must love animals and be comfortable interacting with dogs and cats.
- Must be willing to intern on weekends when Best Friends is participating in an event
- Currently studying or graduated with degree in marketing, communications or another related field.
- Must be confident using Microsoft products, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Must be proficient in social media platforms. Have regular access to email to receive updates & send content.
- Be deadline oriented.
- Have a passion for community engagement & community building.
- Be a self-starter with a strategic vision & a willingness to develop it within a team.
- Be committed to the philosophy of Best Friends’ practices and policies.
Application Instructions: Please submit a cover letter and resume, email@example.com with the subject line as “marketing internship”