*Because of restrictions related to the coronavirus pandemic, through August 2020, BYU policy requires that all internships be completed remotely. Students will need to work with internship providers to set up remote work. We do not yet know if this requirement will be extended for Fall 2020. Contact the English internship coordinator if you are looking at doing an internship this summer or fall or if you have other questions about the remote requirement. (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Full-Time Writing Internship at Career CatalystSalt Lake City, UT (Downtown at State and South Temple)
We are looking for a hard-working, entrepreneurial writer with a desire to help others succeed in their careers. We are a startup (previously called Center for Leadership Solutions) focused on building affordable, accessible software that teaches people how to plan and manage their careers.
- Expand skills by learning to write clever, compelling content
- Source and edit additional content
- Work with writing team to craft content templates
- Learn to distill substantial amounts of content into short, engaging videos
- Work with and learn from writers who have significant experience
- Opportunity to learn about other aspects of startups that would be beyond the scope of a similar position at a different company
- Learn to set individual and team objectives that support the overall goal of the company
- 1+ year of writing and editing experience
- Strong perspective on what makes successful content
- Ability to write with clarityResilient and hard-working
- Desire to learn about the startup world and how to be a successful writer
- Enthusiasm for Career Catalyst’s mission
- Must be present in office for team meetings, but may work remotely otherwise
Supervision:Intern will work closely with writing team and will report directly to the head of the writing team
Miscellaneous Information: Pay will be competitive based on experience. Position will begin as soon as possible and end Friday, August 21st; end date is flexible. Hours will be 35-40 per week.
Apply via BYU’s Handshake at