*Because of restrictions related to the coronavirus pandemic, through August 2020, BYU policy requires that all internships be completed remotely. Students will need to work with internship providers to set up remote work. We do not yet know if this requirement will be extended for Fall 2020. Contact the English internship coordinator if you are looking at doing an internship this summer or fall or if you have other questions about the remote requirement. (email@example.com).
Join BYU-Pathway Worldwide as it provides access to higher education wherever the Church is organized. As the writing and messaging intern, you’ll get to share the story of one of the most unique and fastest-growing organizations in the Church. In this internship, you will assist the content and messaging specialist in generating copy for a variety of messaging, including blog and newsroom articles, emails, and text messages. These efforts include interviewing students, missionaries, and employees from around the world; writing articles and publishing them through WordPress; reviewing work with co-workers and supervisors; and maintaining an editorial calendar.
As an intern, you will also write copy for a variety of mass messaging (e.g. weekly updates for students and missionaries, enrollment messages, text messages, surveys, and marketing campaigns) and prepare it for distribution, maintain a messaging calendar, and carry out other administrative tasks as needed.
This position helps BYU-Pathway clearly and effectively communicate its offerings and mission to a diverse audience of thousands of students and Church-service missionaries throughout the world. As a member of a professional communication department, you will get to interact with our messaging, digital marketing, and design teams, and gain meaningful experience applicable to the communication field.
This is a paid internship located at the Triad Center in Salt Lake City. The salary is $13.50 per hour. Hours are typically Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Strong writing, communication, and editing skills
- Studying in communication or English fields (preferred)
- Thorough knowledge of and experience with the writing process
- Experience conducting interviews
- Ability to follow directions and meet fast-paced deadlines
- Planning, organizing, and time management
- Attention to detail
Program skills preferred:
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and online office applications (Google Docs/Drive)
- WordPress (or another publishing tool)
- Marketing Cloud or other email marketing system (basic understanding is a plus)
- Adobe Creative Suite (basic understanding is a plus)
- Writing for social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
Apply through BYU’s Handshake at