Policy Procedure Writer
Alder is hiring for a Technical Writer in our Orem, UT office. Alder is one of the fastest-growing Home Alarm companies in the nation. Even though we are growing at a rapid pace, we feel like we are just getting started. The start-up feel coupled with the financial stability of the company, has led to some lofty goals for growth. Our mission is to passionately serve so that our customers have the freedom to live, and our goal is to provide protection in every American Home.
Candidates must have high-level writing and editing skills and an aptitude for understanding and explaining technical subjects. Applicants are asked to provide a portfolio of relevant work. There will be an on the spot writing assignment.
Applicants should be able to quickly understand written or spoken raw material to create professional-quality policies, user guides, troubleshooting guides, procedures, etc. Applicants should have a basic understanding of business engagement and operational principles to inform their writing.
Applicants must be very detail-oriented and possess exceptional organizational skills. Alder needs a fast, independent worker, someone who can produce publication-quality first drafts and manage a heavy workload with minimal supervision.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Impeccable writing and editing skills
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Strong Internet research skills
- Strong social skills (ability to work well with others)
- Willingness to be edited (without taking criticism personally)
- The ability to effectively manage your projects and those of others
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Previous technical writing experience
- Four-year degree in English, Marketing, Communications, or a technical field
- Experience in HTML publishing
- Experience working with various mediums of content creation.
Applicants must be able to work 40 hours a week and occasional overtime if needed.
Interested parties should email firstname.lastname@example.org.