*Because of restrictions related to the coronavirus pandemic, for the time being, BYU policy requires that all internships be completed remotely. Students will need to work with internship providers to set up remote work. Contact the English internship coordinator if you have questions (firstname.lastname@example.org).
FourSteps is a startup that is shooting to disrupt the financial advising industry by providing comprehensive, affordable, and easy to understand financial planning for millennials. We are looking for the best and brightest talent to help us create hype and excitement for our app that will automate and simplify financial responsibilities in the best way for our clients. If you are an influencer and confident writer, we need you.
As a part of our marketing team we need content writers to create informational articles, social media posts, advertisements, and materials for print that represent the FourSteps brand and inspire interest in our app and services. This is a unique and rare experience to be intimately involved in a progressing startup and make your mark.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Writing experience for various means of communications such as web, email, blog
- Strong initiative and willingness to offer up your best effort while having the courage to learn new skills and abilities
- Knowledge of how to write according to the brand – has an authoritative, intelligent, but accessible and friendly writing voice
- A keen eye for proper use of spelling, grammar, voice
- Familiarity with basic financial principles and ability to break down complex topics into simple terms
- Excellent communication ability with a willingness to be held accountable for time-sensitive goals
- Experience with writing for publications or for businesses in a professional manner
- Marketing experience and the ability to leverage social media profiles is a huge plus.
- Graphic design experience is another huge plus.
- Currently pursuing a degree or recently graduated in English, Journalism, or a related field.
- Hours per Week: 10-20
- Scholarship/Stipend Opportunity
- Fully Remote